SPORTS REPORTER | October 2013 - July 2015
• Covered more than 100 high schools in Broward and Palm Beach counties.
• Assisted with Florida Panthers, Miami Dolphins and Miami Marlins, among other assignments.
• Led coverage of football recruiting, including 2015 National Signing Day project.
• Produced Page One and section-front articles, including in-depth features, profiles and game stories.
• Managed high school sports pages on SunSentinel.com by updating content, writing blog posts, producing and publishing
photos and videos and managing recruiting databases. Produced and edited more than 100 videos in 2014 using an iPhone.
• Participated in the newspaper’s most successful online project to that date: National Signing Day 2014.
BREAKING NEWS REPORTER | May 2013 - October 2013
• Wrote breaking news, cops and courts stories and in-depth enterprise reports on social issues.
• Produced and edited two or more videos per week for LSJ.com using an iPhone.
SPORTS REPORTER | August 2010 - July 2012
• Covered the Fargo Force junior hockey team and other United States Hockey League teams and players.
• Founded and developed “Slightly Chilled” blog devoted to enhanced coverage of the Fargo Force, USHL and Minnesota high
school hockey. The site — which provided multiple daily posts, news items, recruitment updates, features and podcasts — drew
50,000 hits a month at its peak, including readers from Canada.
• Appeared regularly as a guest commentator discussing junior and high school hockey on the Minnesota Sports Broadcast
Network and radio markets within the United States and Canada.
• Coordinated Minnesota preps coverage for 30 area high schools within a 90-mile radius.
• Assisted with coverage of North Dakota State University football and other sports, such as regional dirt-track auto racing.
SPORTS REPORTER | December 2008 - August 2010
BUSINESS REPORTER | June 2008 - December 2008
• Covered oil industry in southeast Texas; after six months, promoted to coordinate preps coverage for 45 area high schools
and serve as lead reporter in football season and in covering recruitment of players by major FBS programs.
• Helped with desk-editing and planning duties.
• Assisted with covering Lamar University men’s basketball and baseball.
• Recorded, edited and produced videos, and frequently used CoverItLive for game coverage and to host live-chats.
• Discussed Southeast Texas high school football during weekly segment on Houston-based radio.
REPORTER | October 2006 - June 2008
• Covered police and courts for the city of Richmond, Wayne County, Ind., and Preble County, Ohio.
• Also reported business news and trends, such as the economic decline of Indiana’s Rust Belt.
• Assisted with sports coverage and reported on prep basketball and football.
• Produced and edited videos at least once a week. Took photos for own stories, as needed.
• Experienced in TV anchoring, editing and production, including appearances on Warchant.com and SunSentinel.com.
• Proficient in video- and audio-editing programs, such as Apple iMovie, Avid Professional and Audacity.
September 2002 - May 2006
JOURNALISM | Bachelor of Science
— with a minor in international affairs and political science
LEAD BEAT WRITER | July 2015 - October 2017
• Primary reporter on a five-person staff covering Florida State University athletics — with an emphasis on football, men's
basketball and baseball — for a website affiliated with the Yahoo!/Rivals network.
• Reported and wrote game stories, daily practice reports, athletic administration news and in-depth features.
• Monitored and contributed to subscriber-only message boards and a Twitter account with 56,000 followers.
• Recruited and oversaw an intern, responsibilities for which included assignment and editing duties.
• Co-hosted “Wake Up Warchant” show on podcast and 97.9 ESPN Radio at least twice weekly during season.
• Appeared frequently as guest commentator on national and regional radio shows.
WASHINGTON HUSKIES BEAT WRITER | October 2017 - present
• Cover University of Washington Huskies football and men’s basketball — including games, recruiting, team and Pac-12
Conference news, and profiles of players and coaches.
• Appear frequently as guest commentator on Seattle’s Sports Radio 950 KJR and 710 ESPN Seattle.
• Record and edit videos for web and social media.
• Responsible for growing digital audience and improving web traffic through aggressive, engaging and unique coverage, as well
as SEO and social media. Achieved historic highs in web traffic in men’s basketball coverage.
• National Association of Black Journalists
• National Association of Hispanic Journalists